A VERY VERSATILE GOAT
It takes a very versatile goat to sit cramped up like that
In a crate on the back seat of a motorcycle
With only her head poking out
I’ve never met a goat like this
Ours would turn into a hairy tornado
If we tried to stuff it into a crate
But look at her, she looks delighted!
Like an adorable, happy child straining to see over his shoulder
She seems to understand the street as if she does this everyday
Maybe her Buddy whistles
At the back door of her barn
And she runs to him, jumping into the box,
And off they go, enjoying the ride together
Going where no goat has gone before
At a speed no goat has dreamed of
She’s obviously enjoying it
I think they must be very good friends
I think a very versatile goat
Could be a great companion!
© Aisha Abdelhamid
Versatility is a really great character trait in humans, as well as goats. It’s challenging, sometimes, when you’ve got 3 or 4 unrelated projects all going at the same time, but some of us thrive on that! This is a post dedicated to Versatility, in gratitude to Arl, of Arl’s World for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you very much, Arl!
Here are the rules for the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Create a post and thank the person who nominated you and link your post back to their blog.
2. Nominate 15 other bloggers that you think have a versatile blog, link back to their blog. Notify them to let them know they are nominated.
3. Share 7 little known facts about yourself.
Next, here are 7 little known facts related to my versatility to add to the future wikipedia entry, lol, on Aisha’s Oasis:
1. I love working on 3 computers at one time. It’s very exciting! For example, when the Mubarak revolution happened here in Egypt, Mohamed was here, but I was stuck back in South Carolina feeding the goats and the sheep. I kept 3 computers going 24/7! One was for live streaming al Jazeera channel, one was for twitter feed, and the other was for everything else. It was such an exciting time, one computer was definitely not enough!
2. I can make a Thanksgiving dinner every night of the week. Well, that’s not exactly true, we have to finish the duck and the rest of the leftovers before I’ll do another dinner. But that’s how meals are done here, there’s no such thing as convenience food. To eat chicken wings, I’ve got to go get the chicken out of the yard, butcher it, pluck it, empty it, cook it, and while it’s cooking, go pick some tomatoes and okra for the stewed okra, make the rice, warm the bread, pray I’ve still got some papaya juice in the fridge, because God knows I’m gonna have a nuclear meltdown if I have to go get a papaya off the tree after all this…
3. I like to blog on the roof. I used to like just sitting up there enjoying the view, but that was before I started blogging. Now, I like taking my tablet up there and sit in the shade and click click click, it’s so great, especially after a big meal. I just leave the kitchen behind, leave the whole outside world behind, and come to join all of you in my awesome little blog world! You all are awesome!
4. I write poems on my iPhone in the middle of the night. I can’t help it, they wake me up and beg to be written down immediately. What in the world would we do without that notes app on a smart phone? It’s so cool, I throw the sheet over my head to don’t let the light wake Mohamed and I sit there in the dark and click click click! Then I send it as an email to myself, and it’s available on my tablet without having to rewrite it. Wonderful!
5. I love the WordPress blog events, don’t you? The more the merrier. I wish every post I do could be linked to a different blog event, they are better than parties. I actually hate parties, to be honest, I like to stay home and click click click, lol
6. I love to click click click on my camera these days, too! I was boycotting road trips for the last year or so, I guess I freaked out after too many near misses on the nightmare roads here. The drivers are nuts here, nuts as in imagine all of a sudden it started snowing like a blizzard in hawaii. They would probably drive much better than the average jokers on these roads… So I refused to get in a car for almost a year, but then I got a blog, lol, and all my priorities changed. I want to go everywhere, now, just so I can take photos of all the donkeys, and sheep, and of course, goats on the back of motorcycles!
7. I love awards, too, I know you already know that, but what you might not know is I’ve been nominated for 3 different awards this past week or so, hurray! So I’m really working on these blog posts lately, to add the next round of nominees to the cycle for each one. Stay tuned, I’ve got some awesome bloggers to introduce you all to. Here’s the first round, my 15 nominees for the next cycle of the Versatile Blogger Award:
My 15 Nominees for The Versatile Blogger Award:
1. “There was A Time…” http://cybeleshineblog.wordpress.com/
2. My Space In The Immense Universe http://dodagrivas.wordpress.com/
3. Dreamwalker’s Sanctuary http://suedreamwalker.wordpress.com/
4. Living With My Ancestors http://livingwithmyancestors.wordpress.com/
5. Life In The Passenger Seat http://youarethepassenger.wordpress.com/
6. Loving Food, Fashion, Life http://lovingfoodfashionlife.com/
7. Chronicles of Illusion http://jobryantnz.wordpress.com/
9. Sunday Post http://jakesprinters.wordpress.com/
10. Tinsenpup http://tinsenpup.net/
11. Unique So Chic http://uniquesochic.com/
12. Wandering Iris http://irisgreenwald.wordpress.com/
13. Let There Be Peace On Earth http://lumar1298.wordpress.com/
14. Falling In Love With Diego http://fallinginlovewithdiego.com/
15. Nowathome http://nowathome.wordpress.com/
Thanks again Arl, and congratulations to you all!
I’m linking up with Mani at A New life Wandering ! She’s got an excellent blog, and just started a new blog event to share a small pleasure that you enjoyed this week. Please check it out, and join us!